"Your emails give me the best insights about childhood and parenting...Thank you!"—Barbara,prospective parent
Child development area you are interested in:
The Annual Fund supports our Waldorf students with a time-tested curriculum you won’t find at other schools. Support the unparalleled teacher/student relationship that exists when a team of experienced teachers holds each class. Waldorf education is dedicated to education with daily outdoor experiences. Field trips, travel, service learning and world exchange all offered as core developmental opportunities for the children as they grow. In Waldorf education academic subjects stress DEPTH over BREADTH while teachers mentor the children's growing capacities for social intelligence. Our deeply devoted parents, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the school are dedicated to--and benefit from--the riches of our school and community. Your support ensures the current students will flourish.
CWS faculty members (in this video) describe how the Annual Fund in previous years and the 2011 Gala raised resources for research travel, educational workshops and teacher trainings. One benefit of a robust support for Annual Fund is funding that allows teachers to enhance their professional training and enrich the curriculum.
We welcome your support of the school and can assist you in planning other types of contributions.
Below is a list of the many other ways that you can give!
- Matching Gifts: Ask your HR department for more info. Often employers will match dollar for dollar a donation to your charity of choice.
- Fundraising Matches: Have you ever considered offering a matching gift? Talk to Development for more info.
- Dollars-for-Doers: Lots of employers offer donations in exchange for employees logging volunteer hours.
- Community Grants: Remember, grants = free money! We always need help researching, writing proposals and applying for grants. If you want to help with this effort, please reach out to Development.
- Automatic Payroll Deductions: So easy, you don’t even miss the funds since they come out automatically.
- Internal Employee Fundraising: Do you have a business? Are you a vendor at Craft/Artisan fairs or our own Holiday Fair or May Fair? Consider donating a percentage of your profits to the Annual Fund.
- Gift-In-Kind Donations: You can get really creative here….Do you see a need the school has? Would you like to donate services, products, supplies and/or financial resources to improve an area of the school? We need you!
- Help organize/host a Fundraiser: The options are truly endless!
- Amazon Smile: You shop. Amazon Gives. Go to smile.amazon.com and select Chicago Waldorf School as your charitable organization. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to our school.
For further information please contact the Development Office at 773-828-8472
or email the Annual Fund Director, Becky Moskowitz, at email@example.com