Chicago Waldorf School - Open Job Postings
The Chicago Waldorf School is pleased to announce that it is seeking faculty and staff members for its growing, urban campuses--which includes a new Early Childhood Center opened in Lincoln Square in 2015. The main campus is located in the diverse and vibrant Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago. Chicago Waldorf School is fully accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America and the Independent School Association of the Central States.
The Chicago Waldorf School opened in 1974 and is an established Waldorf school in the Midwest. The school serves infants and toddlers in our Parent-Child Program, and preschoolers in our Early Childhood Program. It provides a comprehensive 12 year Waldorf curriculum for students in Grades 1 – 12, with a total enrollment of over 365 students. Our full grades curriculum includes German, Spanish, gardening, handwork, woodwork, music, eurythmy, movement and an international exchange program. Our educational support program provides developmental support, extra lessons and therapeutic eurythmy. The school is committed to supporting our faculty through a strong mentoring program and funded professional development opportunities.
Full-Time ENROLLMENT DIRECTOR
The Enrollment Director directs the recruitment and retention enrollment, marketing and communications initiatives of the Chicago Waldorf School. The Enrollment Director creates and oversees the admissions processes, and all related programs, projects and policies to support healthy enrollment. As the chair of the Enrollment Management Team, the Enrollment Director leads and implements strategic enrollment planning and management efforts. The Enrollment Director administers the development and execution of consistent, fair, clear, inclusive and legal admissions processes. The Enrollment Director cultivates Parent-School relationships by working responsively and collaboratively to ensure a culture of mutual respect, open communication and healthy boundaries among the adults in the community. The Enrollment Director reports to the Administrative Director, and supervises the Associate Director of Enrollment for Early Childhood, the Marketing Director and the Communications Director.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a comprehensive and strategic enrollment management plan, including external marketing and internal retention strategic initiatives.
- Lead the development and administration of School policies and procedures related to admissions. Evaluate and redesign as needed to achieve full enrollment and a student body that is diverse and mission-appropriate.
- Provide leadership to the Enrollment Management Team through assessment, supervision, performance planning and professional development.
- Represent and interpret the school to prospective students and their families.
- Recruit and train faculty, parent and student ambassadors.
- In Enrollment Management Team work with Marketing Director to develop and implement the Outreach Marketing Plan including outreach schedule, fairs, festivals and visits to feeder schools.
- Lead the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment.
- Evaluate prospective student academic records, recommendations and all supporting documentation.
- Complete pre-interview summaries for faculty consideration (e.g., strengths, challenges, recommendations).
- In Enrollment Management Team work with the Communications Director to develop and implement the Internal Communications Plan.
- Work with the administration & faculty to develop and facilitate key grade and School-wide retention initiatives.
- Ensure all new families are properly welcomed and integrated into the School community by collaborating with faculty, room parents and the PTO in coordinating welcome and orientation activities. This includes planning and facilitating the New Family Welcome event and overseeing the buddy program.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 5+ years of administrative experience in an educational setting, with at least 2 years in a leadership capacity. (Enrollment management experience is a plus.)
- Knowledge of Waldorf and urban education highly desirable.
- Professional written and verbal communications.
- Strong leadership, cross-cultural and interpersonal skills, and a cooperative approach to handling conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time Early Childhood LEVEL CHAIR and LEAD TEACHER for 2017-2018
Chicago Waldorf School is pleased to announce that it is seeking a Full-time Early Childhood Level Chair and Lead Teacher for summer 2017. The Chicago Waldorf School operates two early childhood campuses; one at the Main Campus in the diverse and vibrant Rogers Park neighborhood and the new Lincoln Square Early Childhood Center, located in the bustling Lincoln Square neighborhood. The Early Childhood Level Chair position is delegated by the College of Teachers and Administrative Director the following areas of responsibility:
- Oversee the Early Childhood Program's development in light of the school's mission, vision and strategic plan
- Serve as an ex-officio voting member of the Management Team.
- Periodically solicit and review impulses living within the Early Childhood Level faculty. Provide space and opportunity for full discussion/implementation.
- Perceive what is needed in the level as a whole both short term and long term and oversee appropriate responses/actions.
- Help build enrollment in Early Childhood programs to full capacity to ensure full first grade classes.
- Help build the Parent-Child Program to full capacity to ensure full enrollment in the Early Childhood classes.
- Help maximize retention of Early Childhood students within the program and in the transition to first grade.
- Support a strong and robust communication plan for the parents.
- Organize the weekly level meeting to provide a forum for discussion and timely decision-making. This involves working with the meeting facilitator and other faculty to create an agenda. It also includes being a conduit for communication from the Management Team and/or College of Teachers to the level faculty.
- Attend College meetings and make sure that issues affecting the level are addressed as needed.
- Collaborate and coordinate functions of the school with the Administrative Director and Level Chairs.
- Work with Teacher Development Committee in areas of mentoring and evaluation of level faculty.
- Work with Faculty/Staff Recruitment Committee to ensure preparation for and follow-up to new candidate visits.
- Maintain contact with level faculty on general well-being, problems, needs, etc. Periodically visit classrooms.
- Uphold school-wide working agreements, standards of professionalism, school policies and procedures among the level faculty.
- Oversee the level budgeting process and monitor spending of allocated resources. This includes approving spending requests, reimbursement requests and time-cards for part time employees.
- Coordinate the level calendar with the school master calendar.
- Coordinate and support both EC campuses.
- Guide the WECAN Renewal of Membership Process and the EC portion of AWSNA Reaccreditation.
- Coordinate and lead outreach events for Early Childhood faculty.
- Coordinate and lead parent education with the Early Childhood faculty.
- Coordinate admission events such as interviews, observations, playgroups, school tours and open houses. Coordinate classroom visits by prospective parents.
- Participate on the Enrollment Committee and Marketing Committee regarding admissions outreach and marketing materials and strategies.
The Early Childhood Chairperson is responsible to--and is a member of-- the College of Teachers.
The Early Childhood Lead Teacher is responsible for the life of his/her mixed age (3-6 yrs) early childhood class. This includes observing and caring for how the children develop; planning and leading appropriate activities for the growth of the class; planning the daily, weekly and seasonal rhythms of the class according to the principles of Waldorf pedagogy and the needs s/he sees in his/her particular class; communication with parents and parent education; and caring for the classroom and other early childhood areas.
The Early Childhood Lead is also responsible for deepening his/her understanding of Anthroposophy, child development and seeking out new materials for his/her teaching. The ideal candidate will have at least an undergraduate degree, completed Waldorf teacher training and successful Waldorf teaching experience.
Compensation and Amenities
We offer an excellent and competitive benefits package. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS for 2016-2017
Chicago Waldorf School is looking for qualified substitutes teachers and administrative subs for the 2015-2016 academic year. Substitute teachers will be asked to maintain order in the classroom, take attendance and follow lesson plans provided by the faculty. Admin subs will be asked to answer phones, take messages, and provide any necessary administrative support to faculty on an as needed basis.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate your interest in subbing and which of the following levels you are interested in subbing in (PC/EC, GS, HS and/or Admin). Candidates with knowledge of Waldorf education and/or the Chicago Waldorf School community are encouraged to apply. If you have an area of expertise such as science, math, humanities or foreign language, please let us know.
Part-time BUS DRIVER
Parents/Grandparents/Friends looking for part-time work driving our fantastic students to sporting events and field trips? We are looking for a part-time or on-call bus driver to drive the school's bus. You will drive students to CWS sporting events and field trips and will be paid for your time. Is this for you or someone you know? The average need is between 8-12 hours per week.
Necessary Qualifications: The right person for this position will possess a valid Class C CDL license with passenger endorsement, will have a clean driving record, and will pass a background check with flying colors. Experience with children is preferred.
If you meet the above qualifications or are interested in pursuing the steps to meet the requirements to be our school's bus driver, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer & Non-Discrimination Policy
The Chicago Waldorf School values the diversity of our talented students, faculty and staff and seeks to support the inclusion of people with different backgrounds to strengthen our school community and reflect the rich complexity of the city of Chicago. It is the school’s policy to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to the characteristics mentioned in our Anti-Discrimination Policy (below) or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. The school provides equal opportunities in employment, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to make reasonable accommodations as required under the law. This policy has the support of the highest levels of management.
CWS Anti-Discrimination Policy
Chicago Waldorf School prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender or gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other category which is protected under applicable local, state or federal law in its admission, financial assistance or educational policies.
(policy updated and ratified by the Board of Trustees on October 25, 2016)
Thank you for your interest in our school, and please return to check this webpage periodically as positions do come open on a regular basis throughout the year.
If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact the school's Main Office at 773.465.2662