Chicago Waldorf School - Open Job Postings
The Chicago Waldorf School is pleased to announce that it is seeking faculty and staff members for its growing, urban campuses--which includes a new Early Childhood Center opened in Lincoln Square in 2015. The main campus is located in the diverse and vibrant Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago. Chicago Waldorf School is fully accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America and the Independent School Association of the Central States.
The Chicago Waldorf School opened in 1974 and is an established Waldorf school in the Midwest. The school serves infants and toddlers in our Parent-Child Program, and preschoolers in our Early Childhood Program. It provides a comprehensive 12 year Waldorf curriculum for students in Grades 1 – 12, with a total enrollment of over 365 students. Our full grades curriculum includes German, Spanish, gardening, handwork, woodwork, music, eurythmy, movement and an international exchange program. Our educational support program provides developmental support, extra lessons and therapeutic eurythmy. The school is committed to supporting our faculty through a strong mentoring program and funded professional development opportunities.
Full-Time ENROLLMENT DIRECTOR
The Enrollment Director directs the recruitment and retention enrollment, marketing and communications initiatives of the Chicago Waldorf School. The Enrollment Director creates and oversees the admissions processes, and all related programs, projects and policies to support healthy enrollment. As the chair of the Enrollment Management Team, the Enrollment Director leads and implements strategic enrollment planning and management efforts. The Enrollment Director administers the development and execution of consistent, fair, clear, inclusive and legal admissions processes. The Enrollment Director cultivates Parent-School relationships by working responsively and collaboratively to ensure a culture of mutual respect, open communication and healthy boundaries among the adults in the community. The Enrollment Director reports to the Administrative Director, and supervises the Associate Director of Enrollment for Early Childhood, the Marketing Director and the Communications Director.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a comprehensive and strategic enrollment management plan, including external marketing and internal retention strategic initiatives.
- Lead the development and administration of School policies and procedures related to admissions. Evaluate and redesign as needed to achieve full enrollment and a student body that is diverse and mission-appropriate.
- Provide leadership to the Enrollment Management Team through assessment, supervision, performance planning and professional development.
- Represent and interpret the school to prospective students and their families.
- Recruit and train faculty, parent and student ambassadors.
- In Enrollment Management Team work with Marketing Director to develop and implement the Outreach Marketing Plan including outreach schedule, fairs, festivals and visits to feeder schools.
- Lead the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment.
- Evaluate prospective student academic records, recommendations and all supporting documentation.
- Complete pre-interview summaries for faculty consideration (e.g., strengths, challenges, recommendations).
- In Enrollment Management Team work with the Communications Director to develop and implement the Internal Communications Plan.
- Work with the administration & faculty to develop and facilitate key grade and School-wide retention initiatives.
- Ensure all new families are properly welcomed and integrated into the School community by collaborating with faculty, room parents and the PTO in coordinating welcome and orientation activities. This includes planning and facilitating the New Family Welcome event and overseeing the buddy program.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 5+ years of administrative experience in an educational setting, with at least 2 years in a leadership capacity. (Enrollment management experience is a plus.)
- Knowledge of Waldorf and urban education highly desirable.
- Professional written and verbal communications.
- Strong leadership, cross-cultural and interpersonal skills, and a cooperative approach to handling conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
Early Childhood ASSISTANT TEACHER for 2017-2018
The Early Childhood assistant works closely with and is guided by the lead teacher of the class. During the morning, the lead teacher supervises the class and the assistant acts as a support to the lead teacher. Lunch and nap assistants supervise a group of ten or fewer children for the afternoon program according to the guidelines established by the lead teacher. In the lead teacher’s absence, the assistant may take on the role of the lead in the class.
The early childhood assistant teacher is also responsible for deepening their understanding of Anthroposophy, child development and Waldorf early childhood pedagogy in support their teaching. The ideal candidate has completed or is in the process of completing Waldorf teacher training and/or three years successful Waldorf assistant or teaching experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time BUS DRIVER
Parents/Grandparents/Friends looking for part-time work driving our fantastic students to sporting events and field trips? We are looking for a part-time or on-call bus driver to drive the school's bus. You will drive students to CWS sporting events and field trips and will be paid for your time. Is this for you or someone you know? The average need is between 8-12 hours per week.
Necessary Qualifications: The right person for this position will possess a valid Class C CDL license with passenger endorsement, will have a clean driving record, and will pass a background check with flying colors. Experience with children is preferred.
If you meet the above qualifications or are interested in pursuing the steps to meet the requirements to be our school's bus driver, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer & Non-Discrimination Policy
The Chicago Waldorf School values the diversity of our talented students, faculty and staff and seeks to support the inclusion of people with different backgrounds to strengthen our school community and reflect the rich complexity of the city of Chicago. It is the school’s policy to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to the characteristics mentioned in our Anti-Discrimination Policy (below) or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. The school provides equal opportunities in employment, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to make reasonable accommodations as required under the law. This policy has the support of the highest levels of management.
CWS Anti-Discrimination Policy
Chicago Waldorf School prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender or gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other category which is protected under applicable local, state or federal law in its admission, financial assistance or educational policies.
(policy updated and ratified by the Board of Trustees on October 25, 2016)
Thank you for your interest in our school, and please return to check this webpage periodically as positions do come open on a regular basis throughout the year.
If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact the school's Main Office at 773.465.2662