Spanish III- Course Introduction
Thursday, August 1, 2013
By the end of the school year, the students in Spanish III are supposed to master
• Verbs in present tense, different pasts and future tenses
• Introduced to the conditional tense
• The use of most prepositions
• Direct and Indirect object pronouns
• Demonstrative pronouns
• To understand basic rules of orthography
• Vocabulary knowledge might include daily life, history and geography, means of transportation, travel, school, household items, food, restaurant, shopping.
• Vocabulary may vary depending on the student needs.
• The students will be introduced to the conditional tense.
The students will read short stories from different Spanish authors. The project for the first semester will be on a renowned Latin America destination. For the second semester will be on the life and work of a Latin painter or sculptor.
Faculty: Ileana Valencia, Spanish Teacher
Class Dates: September 4th, 2013 - June 13th, 2014
Curriculum Area: Foreign Language