Homework for week of 12.2.13
Sunday, December 1, 2013
Due Wednesday, December 4: Read Chapters 3 and 4, write one discussion question for each chapter
Due Friday, December 6: The Great Gatsby creative writing assignment.
Choose from the ideas below to compose a creative writing piece on The Great Gatsby. You may also choose an idea of your own as long as it shows your knowledge of the book.
- Letter from Nick to family back home about his experience out east
- Retelling of a scene from another character’s perspective (i.e. Jordan, Tom, Daisy)
- “How to be a Great Success” guidebook by Jay Gatsby, or “How to be Popular”, by Daisy Buchanan, etc.
- Diary entry of a character that describes a particular event in the novel
- Newspaper article about Gatsby’s lavish parties or another event
This assignment should be approximately 250 words (1 page, double spaced, 12 font). I will be grading you based on mechanics (25%), language use (25%), knowledge of the text (25%), and creativity (25%). As you will only submit one draft of this assignment, please pay close attention to these guidelines.
Due Monday, December 9: Read Chapter 6 and write one discussion question.