Course Description: 10th Grade Algebra & Geometry
Friday, August 22, 2014
Topics for geometry include:
• Reasoning: Patterns, Relationships, Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
• Writing: Definitions, Postulates, Theorems, and Proofs
• Describing: Properties of Lines, Angles, Triangles, Right Triangles, and Polygons
• Exploring: Congruence and Similarity, Straightedge and Compass Constructions
• Logic: The ability to think logically and investigate real-life situations logically
Further in this class we will practice our algebra skills in the context of geometry. This course will prepare students for Algebra II/ Trigonometry.
Welcome to the Chicago Waldorf School classrooms!
This course description page introduces an area of the website that is a communications and resource bulletin for the faculty to share details about their classes and special subjects. This message board is a resource for the teacher to post information and impressions about the progress of the class and the students' activities. Ranging from a broad analysis of the learning goals of the year, to the specifics of a deadline for a homework assignment, you will find information about the activities of this class in these periodically updated posts.