Tuesday, November 25, 2014
It's going to be a whole week until I see you again. :-(
Be sure that you understand why they answers to #13 on p. 274 are a) 1, b) 1, c) 1, d) 2, e) 2, f) 2.
Try to look over and read pp. 275-280 over break, if you can.
Do some work on Khan Academy
Friday, November 21, 2014
pp. 271-274 #1-7 - do this in two 30 min chunks - 30 solid minutes, not 30 minutes of having your book open while you clean your room. If you are finished with this and have time to spare, continue you on to #8-13.
45 minutes of Khan Academy from last Tuesday (11/18) through next Tuesday (11/25).
Thursday, November 20, 2014
p. 269 #1-7
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Additional Practice sheet for Lesson 3.11 #1-7
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Yes, dear 10th grade, besides the homework I assigned on Friday (see the previous message for details), I did put an "Additional Practice" in your mailboxes. It's due Wednesday. Yes, I know you are very busy and it's the end of the block. Hopefully, it is really starting to sink in and you should be able to do it in a fairly short time.
Friday, November 14, 2014
pp. 267-268 #5-11
45 min of Khan Academy
Thursday, November 13, 2014
pp. 266-267 #1-5
Be sure you have pp. 263-264 finished!
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Complete the previous homework, you should be able to do it now.
Do some Khan Academy.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
pp. 262-264 #5-15
Khan Academy that was due tomorrow is postponed. We'll discuss tomorrow the plan for next week.
Monday, November 10, 2014
pp. 261-262 #1-5
Khan Academy homework is reduced to 45 min. and will be due on Wednesday instead of Tuesday.
Friday, November 7, 2014
Due on Monday: p. 257 #10-17; Read pp. 258-260.
Due on Tuesday: Khan Academy - one hour (from T-M) including new recommendations
Thursday, November 6, 2014
p. 256 #4-9
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Read pp. 253-255. Try the examples. Do questions #1-3 on p. 255.
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Hopefully, your confusion on the homework has been resolved and you can now complete the last homework assignment. Don't wait until the last minute to work on this. Do it as soon as possible after class so you remember what we did in class.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
In class we worked on p. 251 #1-3. For homework, pp. 251-252 #4-13.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Good luck on your block books.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Study for 2x 30 minutes - make sure there is a break between and you do something else. Study by trying actually exercises - ones from class or on Khan Academy. Studying should be active with pencil in hand, not just looking at it and reading or thinking.
Friday, October 24, 2014
Beginning building your own study guide for our upcoming exam.
Continue on Khan Academy - 60 minutes from Tuesday-Tuesday.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
pp. 227-229 #6-12 (if you get stuck, go back and look at the examples).
Do a little Khan Academy if you have time.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Read pp. 223-226 - note key points, try examples
pp. 226-227 #1-6
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
#1-7 on handout - due on W 10/22
Friday, October 17, 2014
pp. 219-222 #1-8 (Hard copies are in your mailboxes; electronic copy is attached to this post.)
- Keep working on Khan on any recommendations I have made or other skills you know you need work with
- Remember this is a supplement to class, so prioritize other class work ahead of this.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
You met with Kelli Underwood today. So, see yesterday for the homework that is due on Friday. Keep working on Khan Academy.
Don't forget - quiz on material since last quiz
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
No class on Thursday - you will be meeting with Kelli Underwood.
Homework for Friday:
- p. 217 #1-5
- Quiz on material since quiz on 10/3 (if you've been in class and understanding homework, you should not need to study much for this.)
Khan Academy - by Tuesday 10/20
- 60 additional minutes
- no new recommendations
- keep working towards...
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
p. 215 #5-8 (you may also do 9-10 if you have time)
Friday, October 10, 2014
- pp. 211-212 #1-5
- pp. 211-214 #1-4
- Khan Academy -
- Complete your usual 60 minutes minimum.
- I have assigned you new recommendations.
- Continue to work towards mastery of previous recommendations.
Thursday, October 9, 2014
pp. 208-209 #8, 10, 11, 12, 15
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Retry #6-9 from Tuesday nights homework.
See Khan Academy for my recommendations. Spend 30 minutes on the recommendations. I've assigned 4 skills - 2 are due tomorrow at 11:30am, the other 2 are due Tuesday at 11:30am.
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
pp. 207-208 #1-9
Continue work on Khan Academy
Friday, October 3, 2014
- Read pp. 202-206
- p. 201 #11-16
- Khan Academy - finish your assigned recommendations
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Quiz tomorrow - if you have been in class and paying attention, you should be fine.
Homework: p. 201 #11-16
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
pp. 199-200 #1-10
Continue work on Khan Academy
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
- pp. 194-195, #15-21
- continue work on Khan Academy - recommendations I made are due on Monday
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
- Khan Academy
- Minimum of 60 minutes
- Focus on:
- any areas that you know you are weak in (e.g. fractions)
- pp. 192-193 #9-14
P.S. Expect a quiz next Friday.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Now that you have all joined my Khan Academy Class and have learned how to use the message board and its hyperlinks, we are good to go.
- Finish pp. 190-191 #1-8, use the posted PDF to see lines if they are not clear on your photocopy homework
- Continue Exploring on Khan Academy. Think about how many minutes, points, or badges...
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
- Join my Khan Academy class by
- responding to email invitation OR
- using class code HTKCV5
- By T 9/23 spend ~40-60 on Khan Academy (or ~3 sections)
- From the attached PDF do Questions 1-8
Monday, September 15, 2014
- Open Khan Academy account (https://www.khanacademy.org/)
- Spend 20-30 minutes exploring the site
- Learn how it functions (see if you can find an assesment)
- Try at least 1-2 tutorials in an area you know you need work
- Buy graph paper
- If you get this far... I've created a class on Khan Academy called 10th Grade. The...