Thursday, March 2011
Parents, please do your part to follow the drop-off and pick-up procedures.
In particular, do not park in front of the school to run your children into the building. And do not allow children to exit cars unattended by a parking assistant. Please be considerate of other parents (and our neighbors) in our community who feel lack of compliance in these issues leads to confusion and unsafe conditions for their children.
Early Childhood: Children must be escorted into the building by an adult, stow shoes and personal belongings in cubby, put on slippers, and greet teacher at classroom door. Pick-up is at the classroom door, as well. For Ms. Culbert’s class across Loyola, please do not double park in the street. This leads to very unsafe drop-off and pick-up for the children.
Grade School: Students must be dropped off at the curb (see traffic flow details below) or escorted into the building. Teachers greet children at the classroom door. Pick-up outside in front of the CWS main doors either on foot or in your car at the curb.
High School: High School students may enter through the east side door. But High School students who get a ride must be dropped off at the front entrance curb with all other students.
This plan only works with your dedication and adherence to these rules:
- Vehicles may not be left unattended at the curb front on Loyola Ave (i.e. in the drop-off/pick-up lane) during school hours. You risk being ticketed or towed.
- Never double-park your vehicle.
- Those who need to stay at school must find street parking.
- Never park at the curb by stop signs or the (illegal) intersection corners.
- Never drop-off/pick-up on the south side of Loyola; crossing the street middle is dangerous.
- The parking lot between the school and St. Ignatius Church is not available during school hours.
- Finally, please be courteous to the traffic patrol; they only have your children’s safety in mind.
In the interest of safety for all our students, it is requested that Early Childhood parents remove their young children from the areas in front of and around the main school buildings once they have been picked up from class. This request holds for both the 12:00PM and 3:00PM pick-up times, as these are both times when grade school children and high school students are outside. One thing we have found to be absolutely true is that when older, bigger children are active and smaller, younger children are playing nearby, there is great potential for injury. Also, please be aware that the side yard is used by the Grade School for the lower grades play space at noontime recess and for the After Care students at 3:00PM dismissal; therefore it is not an available space for parents and younger children to play. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.