Friday, November 2012
A CWS First: Artisan Bazaar Shopping Night on Friday, November 30th, 2012
6:30-9:30 pm, Second Floor FREE Admission
Open to the Public: Please invite your friends, relatives, alumni families, grandparents, and neighbors to attend
Adults only please* (no kids at school after 6:30pm)
This year you get free access and first dibs at our amazing Holiday Fair vendors! Please come in via the main entrance for this special night and head to the second floor for a little wine (available for a suggested donation),
a little socializing and a lot of shopping!
Please invite friends as it will add to the celebratory atmosphere of the evening…supporting a “job well done” feeling after setting up the fair…and a welcome adult shopping experience for the public and the dedicated shoppers who want to get a lot of gift purchases crossed off their lists!
You’ll find our vendors displaying their wares in all of our second floor classrooms on both the grade school and High School side (and even on the bridge). Maps will be available showing specifically which classrooms are home to which vendors.
HOLIDAY FAIR VENDORS:
Come shop the wonderful handmade, homemade, creative goods of these Arts & Crafts shops and vendors who are supportive of—and members of—the Waldorf Community:
• Carol Akiyama Jewelry
• City Hippie Chicago – recycled natural fiber clothing
• Sky Blue Bead Co. – beads, jewelry & gifts
• WomenCraft – woven baskets handmade by women in Africa
• OMG Design – pashminas, scarves, hats & accessories
• STUFF/ed – fleece dolls
• Maureen Flannery – Mexican & Peruvian imports, wooden crafts
• Studio M for Good – felted wool art objects & accessories
• Hardwear – jewelry
• Abbey Brown Soap – organic, natural soaps & gifts for the skin
• Pat Kroth Fiber Art – hand-dyed, sun printed silks and art quilts
• CeramicsCLW – ceramic art, functional & sculptural
• Barefoot Books – children’s books, puzzles, games & puppets
• Unan Imports – hand-crafted items from West Africa, Kenya &
• Sharon Naylor Pottery – functional & decorative pottery
• Q3Art – hand-dyed, recycled, anodized aluminum jewelry &
• SW1’s Exotic Reflections – jewelry
• Esther’s Place – locally produced fibers, yarn, etc.
• Wayfarer’s Whimsy – hand-crafted needle-felted dolls &
• Erin Gallagher Jewelry – design your own jewelry
• Arcturus R.S. Education Program – handmade products & info
• CWS Calendar & Notecards
• Peace, Love & Joye – hand-made goat milk soap
• Full Moon Wearable Art – handmade gloves & scarves
• Chicago Mosaics – mosaic jewelry & accessories
• Virginia Kondziolka – hand-painted jewelry & ornaments
• The Bazaar Imports – imports
• Scrumptious Pantry – food gifts, biodynamic olive oils, pasta, etc.
• Katherine-Anne Confections – artisan truffles, caramels &
• Regeneration Craft & Tales – Waldorf play stands, silks, dolls
• Caitlin Flannery – vintage kitchen items
• Complete Fool – juggling toys & accessories
• Creative Dream Designs – jewelry
*We wish we could offer child-care for the evening, but we don’t have the staffing (maybe we can make it happen next year!)
There are no exceptions to the Adult-Only part of Friday night. (Sometimes parents need to shop away from kids’ “all seeing” eyes). Kids, of course, can shop the fair all day Saturday. But here are some “creative solutions” for Friday night:
Collective Parenting- Have several kids for a pre-fair late night playdate at one parent’s house while the rest of the parents socialize & shop
…or invite a relative to shop the fair for you (or with you)!
All photographed scenes are from the Chicago Waldorf School 2011 Holiday Fair Vendors/Artisan Bazaar