Monday, March 2014
New to Waldorf?
Interested individuals are welcome to visit and see our class curriculum firsthand.
All are welcome to attend this opportunity to see the students and teachers engaged in morning lessons; observe High School topics classes, world language and handwork classes. You can visit your child's classroom or see other grades to get a full sense of the scope of the Waldorf curriculum arc. Its a great way to see the social interactions and unique aspects of Waldorf education in action!
Chicago Waldorf School's Open House
Thursday April 10th - 8:00am - noon
Please RSVP to reserve your seat now (spaces are limited).
Here is the schedule of lesson plans you can visit:
GRADE SCHOOL Morning Lessons (8:00 - 10:00am)
|3rd||Becky Moskowitz||Play Practice, Hebrew Scriptures|
|4th||Nancy Szymanski||Local Geography and History|
|5th||Carol Triggiano||Ancient Greece|
|7th||Karen Hartz||Treasure Island Play Practice|
|8th||Lauri Sullivan||Modern History|
HIGH SCHOOL Topics Classes (7:55 - 9:35am)
|10th||Barbara Huckabay||Classical History|
GRADE SCHOOL World Language Classes (10:30 - 11:15am)
GRADE SCHOOL Handwork Classes (11:15 - Noon)
RSVP by Friday, April 4th
to Jeremiah Davis in the Main Office firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.465.2662
Event Registration Details:
• Space is limited—first come, first served. 12 visitors per class. (EXCEPT FOR 1ST GRADE—LIMIT IS 8)
• Arrive by 7:45am, sign in at the Main Entrance and receive your room assignment
• Parents & Guests may observe any 1st-12th grade morning lesson, but can only choose one.
• Parents may stay and observe a world language and/or handwork class following the morning lessons
• Parents must be able to stay for the entire lesson. We ask that you not leave mid-lesson.
• Early Childhood classes are NOT open for visitors, but we strongly encourage Early Childhood parents to observe a grade or high school class