Friday, May 2014
Welcome to national Screen Free Week (May 5th-11th )
Hear are some start-up guidelines and activities, or get creative and make up your own!
- Draw a silhouette picture of your family members
- Play board-games, card games or tell stories.
- Read a book/story aloud
- Write a hand-written letter to a grandparent or special friend
- Take advantage of the longer daylight hours by going for a walk or planting seeds.
- Make a home for the bees in your backyard (in the garden or outside your window) with this project from the Pollinator Partnership.
There are many ways to approach this week’s self-planned events with your family and friends. See the Screen Free Week Family Guide for additional details and guidelines for participating. Or visit: www.screenfree.org for more support and to connect to others embracing this event.
101 Screen Free Activities is a document providing just what it says…read on and,
Happy Screen Free Week!