Grade School Admissions
Accepting applications for the 2016-17 Academic Year.
Please direct all Grade School inquiries to Lisa Payton at 773.465.2371 or email@example.com
Existing Early Childhood families
Students currently enrolled in the our EC program are given priority for the Grade School. While there is a first grade readiness assessment for each kindergarten child, no formal application process is necessary.
Application Process - New Families
- Parent(s) attend a School Tour & Orientation.
RSVP to Lisa Payton 773.465.2371 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Application Form
• Submit the application fee of $75
• Include a photo of your child
- Complete and sign Transcript Request Form and email to email@example.com.
- Request that teachers email recommendations directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Class Teacher Recommendation
• Principal or Guidance Counselor (or another teacher of your choice)
Submit the following if relevant:
• Educational or Neuropsychological Evaluation and 504/IEP
• Custody agreement & contact information for all parents/guardians
Teachers review the file and determine if applicant moves forward to interview.
Interview with applicant, parents/guardians and faculty.
For students applying to grades 2-5, a two-day class visit will follow.
Admission Decisions are made by the faculty. Notification will be sent within two weeks of the class visit, or as soon as possible for summer or mid-year applicants.
Tuition Adjustment and Sibling Discount
Please visit the Tuition Adjustment page for more information.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
The Chicago Waldorf School does not discriminate against qualified applicants for employment or admissions to the School on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, or physical disability in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship, tuition adjustment, athletic, and other school-administrated programs.